(a)Receiving the electronic data that is entered in this website or webpages linked to this website;
(b)Receiving the e-mails sent in accordance with the procedures displayed in this website or webpages linked to this website;
(c)(i)Documents (including tangible documents and electronic data) delivered, sent, or transmitted, or email received, or
(ii)by telephone, to the inquiries of Meilin displayed in this website or webpages linked to this website.
- 2. Acquisition of Personal Information
Meilin will acquire Personal Information in the scope and manner necessary for the purposes set forth in “3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information” below (if Meilin specifically restricts the purposes by displaying in this website or webpages linked to this website or any other way, at the time of acquisition of Personal Information, Meilin will use Personal Information only for such restricted purposes).
- 3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Personal Information acquired for one purpose included in either item set forth below may be used for any of the other purposes included in the same item, provided however, if Meilin specifically restricts the purposes by displaying in this website or webpages linked to this website or any other way, at the time of acquisition of Personal Information, Meilin will use Personal Information only for such restricted purposes.
(1)Provision of legal information or information regarding opportunity from Meilin:
- ・activities of Meilin;
- ・invitations for, or receipt of applications for enrolment and participation in seminars and symposiums;
- ・sending or transmission of, or receipt of applications for, newsletters;
- ・provision of other information within the scope of this item, or receipt of requests for, or inquiries regarding, the provision of such information.
(2)Recruitments of attorneys, staff or interns:
- ・provision of information, or receipt of applications for, or inquiries regarding, recruitment of attorneys, staff or interns;
- ・ongoing communications and provisions of information regarding Meilin to applicants for recruitment or those who have received an informal employment commitment;
- ・personnel management and training for those who have received formal employment offers;
- ・other purposes incidental to recruitment activities of attorneys, staff or interns.
- 4．Management of Personal Information
Meilin will take all measures that are necessary and appropriate to prevent disclosure, loss (the regular erasure of Personal Information will not be considered to be “loss”), impairment and any other mistreatment of Personal Information. In order to ensure the safe management of Personal Information, Meilin will supervise its attorneys and staff as necessary and appropriate. When outsourcing the handling of Personal Information, all or in part, Meilin will supervise all outsourced service providers as necessary and appropriate.
- 5. Provision of Personal Information to third persons
Meilin will not provide Personal Information to any third persons without the prior consent of individuals concerned or unless authorized by law.
- 6. Request for Notification of Purposes of Use, Disclosure, Correction, Discontinuation of Use etc.
With respect to any Personal Information held by Meilin, if the individual concerned requests any one of the items below, Meilin will first verify that the request is actually being made by or on behalf of the individual concerned, and upon verification, Meilin will respond to the request in accordance with the provisions of Personal Information Protection Act of Japan. Please contact to the email address stipulated in “7. Inquiries” below for such request.
(1)Notification of the purpose of use;
(2)Disclosure of the Personal Information held by Meilin;
(3)Correction or deletion, or addition to, the Personal Information held by Meilin;
(4)Discontinuation of use, erasure or discontinuation of the provision to third persons.
- 7. Inquiries